July 2009 Archives
July 24, 2009
- Uses a recent version of the MSN protocol (MSNP12).
- Support for MSN7-style 'custom status messages'.
- Support for avatars ("display pictures").
- Support for sending and receiving 'nudges'.
- Decent internationalisation thanks to GTK2 and Pango.
- Drag and drop multi-way conversations.
- Support for message fonts and colours.
TuxMessenger was designed from the outset to be fast and "business-like". You won't find the word "buddy" anywhere here! Also, TuxMessenger is an exclusively "single-network" client, since it arose partly from a dissatisfaction with many "multi-network" IM clients and the way they impose they sometimes semantics of one network onto the use of another.
TuxMessenger is licenced under the GNU GPL. Development has mostly stopped because the "itch" which I was scratching has faded. Not because better alternative clients have become available, but because - for me - TuxMessenger works fantastically. It's become part of the furniture on my desktop, with me barely noticing it's there. Nevertheless, I'm happy to be contacted with bug reports/praise/criticism and so on regarding it.
July 20, 2009
It basically works, but still uses SDL only for loading the WAV file and converting the sample rate of the sound. After removing the SDL dependency altogether, it'll be released as version 0.5.
July 7, 2009
I imagine that's what you want for more normal clothes, so that the fluorescence stuff can work, but it's definitely not what you want for a suit...